Our mission is to make a positive statement against hate in every form. We have high hopes and eternal faith in people’s ability to overcome such dangerous attitudes in the world today. We are trying to make a difference. You can join us by getting involved on a personal and a community level. Here are a few examples that can make a real difference in the lives of real people in your family and community.
On a personal level, you can simply refuse to accept hate as a response.
- Appreciate the diversity of our society. We are all different, whether it shows or not!
- Celebrate the differences in history, culture, and experience that allow each of us to make our own unique contributions to the world.
- Refuse to listen to demeaning jokes and stories with hateful messages.
- Learn constructive ways to deal with your own anger.
- Set an example for others.
On a community level, you can organize!
- Get together with your neighbors and friends, or work with an already established organization.
- Use these meetings to encourage each family to rediscover the power of love and encouragement.
- Educate youth to realize that negative emotional responses to problems don’t help anyone, they only worsen the problem.
- Teach children that diversity need not divide us in fear, but can give strength to our communities if we can work together.
S.T.O.P. H.A.T.E. stands for:
Start —————–a beginning point. NOW!
Turning ————-changing, moving
Off ——————–quit, finish
Prejudice ———-unwanted human trait
Heal —————–fix and repair
Attitudes ———–feelings, thoughts
Through ————with or by using
Education ———understanding, reinforcement, and repetition